Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Sherlock Holmes, Lawbreaker

The Tankerville Club, a scion society of the Baker Street Irregulars to which I have belonged for more than 30 years, met a week ago. The story up for discussion was "The Adventure of the Illustrious Client," roundly admired as a dramatic and well-written story.

You may recall that in this story, Holmes engages in a spot of burglary apparently without alerting Watson in advance. In Elminate the Impossible, Alistair Duncan lists three stories in which Holmes makes Watson his accomplice before the fact. Can you name them?

In many other adventures, of course, Holmes takes the law into his own hands by letting a criminal go. In which story does he utter the delightful comment, "Well, well, I suppose I shall have to compound a felony as usual"?

No comments:

Post a Comment