Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Letter from Edward Lear

One of the long-time fellow members of the Tankerville Club, our Sherlockian society in Cincinnati, Ohio, is named Edward Lear. He doesn't write limericks, so far as I know, but he did once write a letter to Sherlock Holmes.

It was collected in the very interesting Letters to Sherlock Holmes, edited by the late Richard Lancelyn Green and published in 1985. This is what it said:
The Letter from Edward Lear

To Whom It May Concern:

I understand that there is someone who answers requests to Mr. Sherlock Holmes. Is there any chance that I may obtain some Sherlock Holmes memorabilia?

In any case I would appreciate an answer.

Sincerely,

Edward Lear

Ed autographed my copy of the book on January 6, 1990. I had the pleasure of autographing Ed's copy of my book Baker Street Beat on August 7, 2011.

Have you ever written a letter a letter to Sherlock Holmes?

No comments:

Post a Comment