Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Adventures at a Book Fair


We had a wonderful time meeting people and signing copies of Baker Street Beat and No Police Like Holmes at the Books by the Banks book fair Saturday in Cincinnati. No Police Like Holmes sold out!

During the panel discussion on "Re-Inventing the Classics: Bringing Melville, Austen and Conan Doyle into the 21st Century," I discussed my enjoyment of the BBB "Sherlock" series. Smiles and nodding heads greeted my position, and not a single piece of fruit was thrown.

(My comments on this subject last week brought the highest number of page views and comments this blog has ever enjoyed.)

Afterward, as I was signing books, a member of the panel audience brought me a present -- a Sherlock Holmes action figure with working magnifying glass and removable pipe! Seeing my name on the program in advance, she thought I might be interested. Thank you, Mary Rae Barron!

For our 36th wedding anniversary on Monday (Oct. 24), I bought my wife several books. One is a mystery called An Ideal Way to Die, which takes place at a cafe in our Cincinnati neighborhood. Only later did a I realize that a copy of The Adventures of a Sherlock Holmes is prominently displayed on the cover!

1 comment:

  1. is this the face that launched a 1000 ships! you bet, baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete