Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Sounds of Sherlock

Of all the hundreds of Sherlock Holmes groups around the world, one of my new favorites is Baker Street Babes. I love the name and the concept.

The Babes are female Sherlock Holmes devotees of various nationalities -- Amrican, English, Scottish, German, and French -- but all with a heart for the London of the Master. They started out doing podcasts, eight so far, but the website has expanded to include a bookshop and will be adding book reviews as well.

Baker Street Babes have a very fun and stylish way about them, as you will see when you visit their site. Their logo is a feminine-looking Holmes silhouette with a red heart appearing instead of smoke over the pipe.

It's only right, though, that I mention at this point two gentlemen who have a big head start in the field of Sherlockian podcasts, Scott and Burt of I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere, with an impressive 35 posts to date covering a wide range of Sherlockian topics.

The Babes and the lads at I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere will go head-to-head online in the The Great Sherlock Holmes Debate on November 10. The Babes are on my team, arguing for the BBC's "Sherlock," and while the lads will support the Guy Ritchie movie. I'm on the BBC team and the debate should be great fun.

Like the Facebook page and learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment