Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, February 10, 2012

"Where it is Always 1895"


Matt Laffey, proprietor of the Always 1895 blog, produced the spiffy sticker above to publicize his site. He is going to give it away in 3x5-inch and 4x6-inch versions. I like it a lot.

I also like the blog. It's one of a number of good Sherlockian blogs linked from this site. They each have their niche. Better Holmes & Gardens brings insight and depth, whether it is looking at canonical themes and characters, new books, or old movies. Kieran McMullen has written about more actors playing Watson than I knew there were movies. I could go on and on.

Always 1895 offers frequency and newsiness. Mr. Laffey reads an astonishing range of books, blogs, magazines, and newsletters referencing Sherlock Holmes -- and then summarizes the most interesting for us, with links. It's a great place to find out what's going on in the Sherlockian World. Check it out.

But don't stop there. Check out the rest of my blog roll, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment