Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, March 2, 2012

New Links to Baker Street


Tonight I will attend a dinner meeting of the Tankerville Club, the Sherlock Holmes scion society of which I have been a member since 1981. While shameless hawking copies of Holmes Sweet Holmes, I will be wearing the wonderfully distinctive handmade cufflinks above.

The names Holmes and Watson were cut out of a vintage Sherlock Holmes book by the English craftsman who made the cufflinks, Jon Turner of Evesham. That may sound like sacrilege, but Mr. Turner promises that the volume was in such sad shape as to be unusable as a book.

My wife, Ann, gave me these cufflinks as an exceedingly thoughtful St. Valentine's Day gift. She found them at www.etsy.com. In case you're not familiar with Etsy, it's like an eBay for artists and crafters. How wonderful that the internet can open up the world market to small business people such as Mr. Turner -- and bring Baker Street a little closer to Sherlockians such as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment