Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baker Street Beat!

Today is the birthday of Ian Fleming (the James Bond author, not the actor who played Dr. Watson) and of this blog.

Dan Andriacco's Baker Street Beat was launched just one year ago today. Amazingly, this is the 210th post and we have had more than 20,300 page views! That's hard enough to believe. Even more incredible to me, I have had three books published in the past 12 months. The two mystery novels, No Police Like Holmes and Holmes Sweet Holmes, were written long ago, although heavily revised before publication.

It's been a wonderful year in which I have also given four talks on Sherlock Holmes and had the opportunity to meet many readers of my books. What a trip!

And the fun isn't over. I'll be attending Scintillation of Sions V in Maryland in two weeks, a Sherlockian dinner in Chicago in a month, and Bouchercon in October. I'm also going to England in October for book research. (Sometimes I have to take one for the team.) My next mystery, The 1895 Murder, is scheduled for November 1 publication and I'll be writing The Disappearance of Mr. James Phillimore for publication next spring.

I've been busy and it's been wonderful. If any friends or family reading this think I've neglected anything more important along the way, please hit me over the head and tell me. You know that they say: The main thing is the keep the main thing the main thing. But I'm having a blast. Thanks to all of you readers for making it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment