Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Babes in Sherlockland

Dr. Dan with Babes Curly, Jenn, and Taylor at A Scintillation of Scions

The fans of BBC Sherlock and, to a lesser extent, the Guy Ritchie films have injected an amazing new energy into the world of Sherlockians and Holmesians. For the most part these newcomers are young, enthusiastic, and open to new ideas.

And did I mention female?

I have a particular soft spot for the Baker Street Babes. Maybe it's their name. Or maybe it's the fact that founder Kristina Manente (Curly) interviewed me for their podcast and thereby made me an honorary Baker Street Babe.

On balance, though, I think it's their achievement with Baker Street Babes podcast. Their intelligent interviews with all sorts of Sherlock Holmes fans on both sides of the pond have attracted more than 100,000 listens in little more than a year. That boggles the mind.

I caught up with the Babes in person a week ago at A Scintillation of Scions V in Laurel, Maryland. One of the wonderful speakers was Curly. She delivered a paper on "The Validation of the Internet Fandom: Bridging the Gap Between Traditional Fandom and the Age of Tumbler." If you couldn't be there in person, check it out virtually in both print and podcast form on the Babes website

As my friend Tracy Revels likes to point out, Sherlock Holmes brings together all kinds of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment