Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Monday, January 21, 2013

A New Holmes Short Story for E-Readers


I'm delighted that my new Sherlock Holmes short story, "The Adventure of the Magic Umbrella," is now available on Kindle at the very friendly price of $1.49. Other e-reader systems around the world will have it as well.

If you don't like e-books, don't despair! This story, based on Dr. Watson's cryptic reference to "the disappearance of Mr. James Phillimore," will also appear later this year as two chapters in the next Sebastian McCabe - Jeff Cody mystery, Oddly enough, that book will be called The Disappearance of Mr. James Phillimore.

You may recall that Mr. Phillimore stepped back into his house for his umbrella and was never seen in this world again. That's exactly what happens in both the short story and the novel -- but with entirely different solutions to the mystery!

As you will read in the introduction, the short story took me almost as long as a novel to plot.  I hope readers will think the effort was worth it. My previous Holmes e-story, "The Peculiar Persecution of James Vincent Harden," has been blessed with good reviews and strong sales.


No comments:

Post a Comment