Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, November 28, 2014

A Sherlockian Gift List

Black Friday, you say?


I'm not one to hit the stores before I've even digested my Thanksgiving turkey, but it is time to at least start thinking about that Sherlockian on your gift list. Here are a few ideas:
  • Sherlock Holmes for Dummies, by Steven Doyle and David A. Crowder. This sounds like an introductory book, and it would fulfill that function admirably. But I've been reading Sherlock Holmes for more than 50 years and I found new insights in it.
  • The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes, edited and annotated by Leslie S. Klinger. Attempting to supplant William S. Baring-Gould's original Annotated Sherlock Holmes was a monumental task. I don't think anyone would disagree that Klinger pulled it off magnificently. This book is a must-have for any real Sherlockian.
  • A subscription to The Baker Street Journal. Not only is it the premier journal in the field, it is the one that every Sherlockian knows about and most of them read.
  • A registration to A Scintillation of Scions VIII in Linthicum, MD, June 12-13, 2015. Hear great speakers and mingle with great people.
  • Rogues Gallery, my latest book.It's full of Sherlockian Easter eggs, just like all of my other books.
  • A Sherlock Holmes nutcracker (see above). Or a doll. Or an action figure. Or set of Holmes and Watson bookends or Christmas tree ornaments. I have all of these things, but not everybody does. Yet.     
I could go on - and on and on. Let's face it, Sherlockians aren't that particular. We'll be pleased by any book, DVD, or physical object that features, includes, references, or portrays Sherlock Holmes of Baker Street.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment