Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, August 24, 2018

A Note from Portugal



It’s always good to hear from Nuno Robles, my one-man fan club in Lisbon, Portugal. Here’s his take on my Sherlock Holmes novel:  


Dear Dan,

It's 2.23 a.m. here and I just finished reading House of the Doomed. What an amazing achievement! I’ve read hundreds of Holmes post-ACD books and your book is really special. You bring back beautifully the Holmes and Watson of Conan Doyle. The dialogues, the cozy feeling, the description of a typical English environment, great English (and American, of course) characters and a great, unexpected story with an even more unexpected ending. You put me there, at ACD’s Victorian England and vintage Holmes...and that’s a great feeling.

I also enjoyed the references to some of the Canon’s best stories and characters (your portrait of Baynes is a masterpiece...a masterpiece indeed...). I loved it, and also the references to ACD, with Norwood, spiritualism, and much more. Congratulations, my friend! You’re in the best of your writing and creative powers. My favourite dialogue? “I'm a doctor, not a writer!” “One could be both.” Indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment