Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Thursday, May 27, 2021

"Baker Street Beat" at Year 10

Some of our Sherlockian library

"Welcome to my library.  Just don’t call it a collection.” 

Those were the first words of this blog when it debuted on May 28, 2011. A decade later, I suspect you will know what I mean when I say it feels both longer and shorter than 10 years.

I began the blog at the request of Steve Emecz of MX Books when he published my first Holmes-related book, Baker Street Beat. Blogging about The Great Detective seemed an easy task for me, given that I’ve been collecting files on him for 40 years. So I disappeared into our garage to see what we had.

What we had included eleven unpublished, and mostly unpublishable, mystery novels that I had largely forgotten about. But two of them, written in the late 1980s, featured a Sherlockian sleuth that I thought MX might want to bring to light at long last. I updated and wrote them as No Police Like Holmes and Holmes Sweet Holmes, the first two novels in my McCabe-Cody mystery series, published in 2011 and 2012, respectively.

No Ghosts Need Apply, the tenth novel in that series and the twelfth McCabe-Cody overall, will be published this fall. I’ve also committed five novels about Sherlock Holmes. Many other wonderful Sherlockian adventures have happened to Ann and me along the way. And I still manage to put out this blog most weeks. This is my 942nd post.

At the end of that first blog post I wrote, “I know it’s going to be fun for me, and I hope it will be for you as well.” That is still my hope. Thanks for checking in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment