Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Monday, January 24, 2022

Manhattan Murder Mystery

More than a week later, it's still a joy for me to look back and remember seeing my most recently published book for the first time -- and at Mysterious Bookshop in New York, the world's greatest mystery bookstore! Some of my other books were there as well.

The Sword of Death is a full-length Sherlock Holmes pastiche -- full length for the Canon, that is. It's about the same length as A Study in Scarlet and The Sign of Four. Even in terms of length, title (only five words and no "Adventure of" for a novel), I tried to make this what Nicholas Meyer would call a good forgery. Following that philosophy, there are no major new revelations about Holmes and Watson.

But I hope it's a good story -- one that could have been written by the Canonical author.

No comments:

Post a Comment