Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Reviews Have Begun!

The first reviews of No Police Like Holmes are in.

Roger Johnson, the reviewer for The District Messenger, newsletter of The Sherlock Holmes Society of London, calls it "an exciting and witty romp – not about Holmes but about his fans" and concludes "I like it!"

A longer review by Sue Magee of The Bookbag, a British an online review service says in part:

It's a satirical look at Holmes and the industry he's spawned, but it's affectionate and neatly constructed, with Jeff Cody playing Watson to McCabe's Holmes, whilst still trying to work out how he stands with his ex-girlfriend, reporter Lynda Teal. Does she still have some feelings for him or is she just after a good story? There are plenty of twists, a good few red herrings and an ending which surprised me as I had someone entirely different chalked in as the murderer. There's a good selection of possible suspects – with plenty of reason to wonder about a good few of them.

I'm not a particular fan of Sherlock Holmes (yes – heresy – I know) but I do enjoy a good mystery and this book could be enjoyed even if you had no knowledge of Holmes. It works neatly on two levels.

She also said the book has a good pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment