Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, October 18, 2013

A "Bravo" From Italy


La Singolare Perseuzione di John Vincent Harden," the Italian translation of my first Sherlock Holmes pastiche, has received a nice review on Amazon:

"Ottimo esempio di letteratura Sherlockiana. Un nuovo classico nel suo genere. Spero vengano presto tradotti in italiano altri titoli dell'autore.

If your Italian is rusty, I would translate that as: "Exellent example of Sherlockian literature. A new classic of the type. I hope that other titles of the author will be translated into Italian soon."

So do I!

"The Peculiar Persecution of John Vincent Harden is a gift that just keeps on giving for me. In 1988, the year I wrote it, it won me a $100 gift certificate from a mystery bookstore in a pastiche-writing contest. I used the certificate to Sherlock Holmes books.

The story was first printed in The Sherlock Holmes Review in 1990, Volume 2, Numbers 3 and 4. Around the same time I also adapted it into a radio play, which has been performed by Sherlockian groups as readers’ theater. It was published in book form in Baker Street Beat and then as a stand-alone e-book.

That really has been a very satisfying life for a story that I will also remember fondly as my first published work of fiction, and still selling well 25 years after I wrote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment