Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Adventures in Legos

Holmes and Watson by the fire in "A Scandal in Bohemia"

In my very first blog post - almost three years and more than 80,000 page views ago, I insisted that I have a Sherlock Holmes library, not a collection. What I meant is that I don't have to have everything.

So many different editions of the original Sherlock Holmes stories exist that I find many of them quite resistible. But one of two things can usually grab my attention - the introduction or the illustrations. If either of those looks interesting in an edition of the Canon, this is a volume that I may want to own.

My publisher, MX Publishing, is publishing The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes one story at a time with perhaps the most unusual illustrations ever. P. James Macaluso Jr. is duplicating in Legos the famous Sidney Paget drawings of the original dozen short stories. "A Scandal in Bohemia" was first. "A Case of Identity" and "The Red-Headed League "are coming soon.

"All of the models depicted in the photographs use only genuine Lego minifigures and bricks, and are of my own creation or inspired by the designs of other Lego enthusiasts posted on the Internet," Macaluso promises in an introduction.

Our grandchildren - even the one who is one year old today - know who Sherlock Holmes is. And they know what Legos are. They will soon see the two together. This is a very clever project.


A Scandal in Bohemia – Lego – The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is available from all good bookstores including Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Waterstones UK, and for free shipping worldwide Book Depository.


You can also get the first three at Watson's Lounge with free shipping to the U.S., the UK, and Australia.

1 comment:

  1. I have been hounding Legos for a long time now to make some Sherlock Holmes sets. My six very little grandchildren love to play Legos. They also know all about Sherlock Holmes. I will be ordering these books for my little six pack. I can't think of a better way to introduce little ones to reading Sherlock Holmes.

    ReplyDelete