Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Holmes and Watson, Sweet and Creamy

When one of your hobbies is visiting thrift shops and antique shops in small towns, you are apt to occasionally be rewarded with some interesting treasures.

Above is a Sherlock Hound Sugar and Creamer Set. Unrelated to the fabulous Sherlock Hound animated TV series, the set carries a 1994 copyright and a notation of "Made in Sri Lanka."

We bought it at RomWeber Marketplace, an antique mall in Batesville, IN, from a stall called Alice's Attic. It came with a touching notecard: "To the Finest Sister I'm Lucky to Have: I hope you enjoy this little gift." To avoid potential embarrassment, I won't use either sister's name. I don't know how this canine Holmes and Watson left the possession of that "finest sister" and wound up in an antique mall, but I'm glad they did.

And if you're ever at my house for high tea, I know where the sugar and creamer will be served from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment