Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Plugged in By Podcast


"I hear of Sherlock everywhere since you became his chronicler." - Mycroft Holmes to Dr. Watson, "The Adventure of the Greek Interpreter" 
Nobody would ever accuse me of being an early adopter. I still don't have cable TV or Blu-Ray. So it's no surprise that I only recently became immersed in the delights of the "I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere" podcast.

I'd known for some time that IHOSE, as it is familiarly known, was the world's first podcast dedicated to the all things Sherlock Holmes. But I simply never got around to listening to it until a few weeks ago. One episode drew me in. Fortunately, the other 76 are there waiting for me.

Each month affable co-hosts Scott Monty, editor-in-chief and founder, and Burt Wolder, editor, preside over 90 minutes or more of engaging and often wryly humorous conversation on all manner of Sherlockian topics. The bulk of the episode is usually devoted to a fascinating interview with someone I would like to meet (if I haven't already).
   
For example, I vastly enjoyed a two-part interview with Bert Coules, who wrote a landmark BBC series of all 60 Sherlock Holmes stories featuring the same Holmes and Watson.

Baby Boomers will remember the Remington razor commercials in which the late Victor Kiam proclaimed, "I was so impressed, I bought the company!" I didn't do that, but I did decide to support the podcast by becoming a sponsor of the June 15 edition. I hope you'll listen in and get hooked.


Meanwhile, IHOSE also has an informative and entertaining website. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment