Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Wouldn't Call It Trivial

The fact that a book is popular enough to come out in a new edition isn't proof that it's worth reading, but it's a good indication.

And so it is with The Sherlock Holmes Triviography and Quiz Book by Kathleen Kaska. First published more than a decade ago, it has just been reissued along with Ms. Kaska's similar books on Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock. I’m not much on quizzes – my memory is too awful – but I found myself drawn to the questions in this book anyway. And at least I had a chance with the multiple choice and True / False.

Here's the blurb I wrote for the new edition: 
In addition to 80 memory-straining quizzes and five challenging crossword puzzles, Ms. Kaska offers us a treasure trove of fascinating facts about the Great Detective and his creator. (But can anything about Sherlock Holmes truly be called trivia?) From Sherlockian newbie to Baker Street Irregular, every fan of Sherlock Holmes is sure to find something of interest in this entertaining tome.
In addition to the aforementioned quiz books and a new one coming soon about another famous detective, Kathleen Kaska is also the author of the highly entertaining Sydney Lockhart mysteries, which each take place at a different hotel (Murder at the Arlington, Murder at the Luther). If you see Sydney checked into the room next to you, you might want to check out.

And speaking of checking out, check out Kathleen Kaska on Birds and Books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan,

    Thanks so much for the great review of my Holmes trivia book and a nice mention of my Lockhart series. Baker Street Beat is one of the best Holmes' blogs around. This is truly an honor!

    ReplyDelete