Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Friday, June 14, 2013

A Babe and Proud of It

Dan and Kristina Manente, founder of the Baker Street Babes

I'm a Baker Street Babe.

The designation is honorary, but I'm proud of it nonetheless.

The Babes, in case you haven't caught up yet, are an international group of tech-savvy young women who blog and podcast about their idol, Mr. Sherlock Holmes, in all his various manifestations. They also show up in person, too -- and thank heavens for that!

The youthful enthusiasm and fresh perspective of these young women was much on display last weekend at A Scintillation of Scions VI in Hanover, Maryland. At least three Babes were in attendance, two of whom -- Krinstina Manente and Lyndsay Faye -- gave wonderful talks.

As a male at the other end of the age demographic, I am grateful for their energy and their creativity. Without it, the Sherlockosphere would be a much less interesting place. Check out their podcast (41 episodes so far) and all the other excitement on their website. Tell them I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment