Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Sherlocks in My Stocking

 


If you are a Catholic of Northern European heritage, or just grew up in a German culture as I did, you may hang you stockings by the chimney with care on the evening of Dec. 5 to get ready for St. Nicholas on his feast day, Dec. 6. This is not a time for big presents, but for little items like crayons, oranges, snacks, and toy trucks. Or maybe a small bottle of prosecco if you are an adult.

But look what showed up in my stocking on Sunday morning! That vinyl figurine, matching the one of Queen Elizabeth II sitting on my office computer, is Basil of Baker Street in his Disneyfied Great Mouse Detective incarnation. The bird in a deerstalker is described by the manufacturer as a "felt sparrow with plaid hat," but we all know who he really is. And the Sherlockian silhouette on the smart phone cover is made up of titles of the stories. That's a gift I will carry with me everywhere. 

Talk about compliments of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment