Welcome

Welcome! Like the book of the same name, this blog is an eclectic collection of Sherlockian scribblings based on more than a half-century of reading Sherlock Holmes. Please add your own thoughts. You can also follow me on Twitter @DanAndriacco and on my Facebook fan page at Dan Andriacco Mysteries. You might also be interested in my Amazon Author Page. My books are also available at Barnes & Noble and in all main electronic formats including Kindle, Nook, Kobo and iBooks for the iPad.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to "Brett to Gillette"


The first Sherlock Holmes conference that I attended in many years was From Gillette to Brett III. That was in 2011. With two Sherlockian books published that year, and this blog just started a few months previously, I attended as an exhibitor.

Although devoted to the stage, screen, television, and radio productions of Holmes -- which are not a particular interest of mine -- the conference bowled me over. All of the talks were excellent. Equally important, Ann and I met a whole host of wonderful people, including Kieran McMullen, Jaime Mahony, Ed Weiss, and conference co-organizer Steven Doyle. My blog post at the time called G2B3 "unforgettable."

Now I'm eagerly looking forward to From Gillette to Brett IV, presented by Wessex Press on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington. One of the highlights (as I learned from Matt Laffey's invaluable always1895.net blog) will be a 75th anniyersary screening of Basil Rathbone's The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles. Watch the conference website for more details.

Meanwhile, save the date: Sept. 12-14, 2014. Be sure to 221B  there!

No comments:

Post a Comment